Due to COVID-19 prevention measures some the meal preparation for the New Scout Campout is different than it has been in the past.
- Eat a full meal before arriving at Webb Ranch
- Pack a sack lunch
- Avoid items that require refrigeration
- Do not pack drinks other than your full water bottles
- No sodas
- No glass
- Scouts will be cooking their own meals using silver turtles primarily prepared at home by the scouts
- Prepare at home by selecting and purchasing ingredients and cutting them to appropriate size
- Bag the ingredients (veggies in one bag, protein in another)
- Be sure to include a small amount of seasoning (salt & pepper, lemon pepper, Tony Chachere’s, etc) if the scout desires
- The scouts will assemble their silver turtles at the campsite, using provided heavy duty foil.
- Hot Water will be provided
- For Hot Chocolate (Provided)
- For Oatmeal (Provided)
- Cereal/Snack bars will be provided
Snacks Through out the Weekend
- Scout should bring his own snacks for the campout
- Fruit, snack bars, trail mix
- Avoid candy and other sugary snacks
The Grubmaster will be preparing meals for adults for Saturday Lunch, Saturday Dinner, and Sunday Breakfast. Maximum precautions are being taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19 at meals but if you feel uncomfortable eating communal food, please be prepared with your own meals.
Youth Leadership and FCT Advanced
Scouts attending the New Scout Campout either as part of youth leadership or the FCT Advanced Patrol should be prepared to cook for themselves as we have been doing all fall. Hot water will be available for dehydrated meals.