Summer Camp Opportunities (ordered by date)
Summer camp registration is closed.
- Philmont Scout Ranch, New Mexico (June 19-26)
- Kandersteg, Switzerland (June 19-26)
- Trevor Rees-Jones Scout Merit Badge Camp in Athens, Texas (June 19-25)
- Camp Yawgoog Merit Badge Camp in Rockville, Rhode Island (June 25-July 3)
- Chimayo Walkabout at Gorham Scout Ranch, New Mexico (July 4-July 17)
- Pecos Wilderness Backpacking near Philmont (July 4-17)
- Camp Emerald Bay in Catalina Island, Southern California (July 30-August 6)
Download the Troop 55 Summer Camp Presentation .
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) – June 5-10 OR June 12-17
All Troop 55 Scouts with Positions of Responsibility are highly encouraged to attend NYLT, an action-packed six-day program designed to provide Scouts with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home unit.
- Week 1: June 5 to 10 – OR – Week 2: June 12-17
- Location: Bovay Scout Ranch, 3450 County Road 317 Navasota, TX 77868
All First Class Scouts who will be 13 years old on the first day of the upcoming NYLT courses and who complete the Troop Introduction to Leadership Skills (ILST) course can register, with the Scoutmaster’s prior approval.
- Click here to download the NYLT unit leader recommendation form
- Print out and complete the form
- Get Scoutmaster Eikenburg’s signature approval
- Then email the scanned, completed form to LiliethD.Garrison@scouting.org and cc: email@example.com
- Once the form is submitted, the parent/guardian will receive a registration/payment link via email.
The courses are highly likely to fill up quickly, so act now. For more information on NYLT and registration instructions, go to this link: https://www.samhoustonbsa.org/nylt
Parents: There is a mandatory orientation for all NYLT participants registered and on the waitlist. Please save this date on your calendar:
- Date: May 1, 2022
- Session 1 at 1:00 pm OR Session 2 at 3:00 pm
- Orientation will be held at the Scout Center (2225 North Loop West, Houston, TX 77008)
The Troop will reimburse a Scout’s family for the NYLT course cost after completion of the course. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. Don’t forget to include a copy of your NYLT completion certificate.