Troop 55 in the Twin Bayou District of the Sam Houston Area Council is chartered by St. John the Divine Episcopal Church in Houston, Texas and has been developing leaders since 1933. Our Boy Troop has over 230 youth from dozens of private and public middle and high schools in the Houston Metro Area.
Scoutmaster: John Eikenberg, firstname.lastname@example.org
Committee Chair: Rob Rice, email@example.com
Finish the last step before rank advancement.
Save the date for upcoming campouts and meetings.
Use this checklist for weekend Troop campouts.
Get the latest weekly email newsletter.
Find a Troop 55 Merit Badge counselor
See names and emails of key contacts
- POR Applications for Spring 2022Apply for Spring 2022 (January 1-June 30, 2022) Applications are due Dec 15, 2021 CLICK HERE to apply Positions of Responsibility include Troop Guide, Instructor, Den Chief, Chaplain Aide, Quartermaster, Scribe, and more. This will be your only opportunity to apply, positions will not be filled mid-term unless a Scout must be removed from the […]
- FCT to MSP TransitionIf you are currently in an FCT Patrol (Atomic Blackbird, Blue Phoenix, Swordfish) please fill out the following form: https://forms.gle/aHfAWVr9Z32a4Cow6 We need this information to help assign you to Middle School Patrols (MSP) starting Jan 1.
- October 2021 CampoutLocation Camp Strake 2020 Camp Strake Rd, Coldspring, TX 77331 (936) 520-4001 70 mi. I-45 North > Exit 94 > FM-1097 East >TX-150 East (check traffic conditions/alternate routes) Campsites Campsite 19 – Scouts (FCT on the LEFT). Campsite 18 – Leaders and Goats (Trailer to the front of Campsite 18) Emergency Contacts 911 Coldspring Police […]
- Troop Dues are DueThe time has come for Scouts to renew their membership in Troop 55 for the 2021-2022 school year. There is a new process this year. To pay renewal dues, Click on “Select Options” below. Under Scout Dues, select Scout Type “Existing Scout” or “Eagle Scout” if applicable. Choose from Boy’s Life Magazine options and […]
- Orienteering @ Hermann ParkScout’s Guide to FCT Orienteering at Hermann Park WHAT DATE/TIME July 5th – 8:00AM Duration: Approx. 2hrs WHAT TO WEAR Class B Uniform WHAT TO BRING Daypack Scout Book BSA Outdoor Essentials Water (Lots of water) Sun Protection Compass Trail Food GPS or Cell Phone (if you don’t have there will be ones to share). […]
- September 10-12, 2021 – Double Lake Recreation Area, near Coldspring
- October 15-17, 2021 – Camp Strake, near Coldspring
- November 5-7, 2021 – Kerr Creek Farm (Casey Ranch)
- December 3-5, 2021 – Yellow Creek Ranch (Wade Ranch)
- shooting sports, rockets,
- Webelos invited.
- January 22-23, 2022 – New Scout Campout, at Webb Ranch, near Chappell Hill, NW of Houston;
- for new scouts and for parents of new scouts.
- February 11-13, 2022 – Enchanted Rock State Natural Area
- March 4-6, 2022 – District Camporee – Camp Strake
- April ___, 2022 – location tbd