The Bugler plays the bugle at troop ceremonies, including Troop Meetings,
Troop Campouts, and Court of Honors.
The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader for Camping
1. Plays bugle as requested by troop leadership, such as Troop assembly at meetings and
2. Plays taps during evening closing ceremony.
3. Set a good example
4. Proudly and correctly wear the Scout uniform per the BSA standards
5. Demonstrate highest level of Scout Spirit. Be focused and involved during scout activities
6. Limit personal, social activities during scout events
7. Lives by the Scout Oath and Law
8. Works cooperatively with ASPLs
• The Scout must at least be First Class rank
• Completed Troop Leadership Training (or commit to complete during term)
• Earn the Bugling Merit Badge prior to or during term
Performance and Advancement Expectations:
• Prepares in advance for each bugling assignment.
• Attend at least 75% of Troop meetings, campouts and Court of Honors during term, unless
excused by Scoutmaster.
• As needed, performs or assists in demonstrations for the troop at-large.
• Unless excused in the monthly evaluation
o Attend weekly Troop Meetings in a field or activity uniform
o Attend Courts of Honor
o Attend Troop Campouts
o Attend PLC/Green Bar meetings during tenure
o Attend all Scout Staff preparation meetings and activities prior to a Campout.
• Have read, signed and has copy of Troop Leadership Position Agreement.
• Meet with the SM or his designee to establish your written advancement plan for the leadership
term. The Troop will provide an opportunity to sign up for, and complete merit badges consistent
with your obligations as a Scout Leader.
• Maintain your service record for this Position of Responsibility for use in all Scoutmaster
• Schedule and complete regular leadership conferences after appointment (approximately every
60 days) to review progress, performance, credit and plan for the performance of the leadership