- This event has passed.
September Kickoff Pack Meeting
September 15 @ 11:30 pm - September 16 @ 1:00 am
Welcome back from the Summer, Pack 55! Join us for our first Pack Meeting of the 2022-23 scouting year at 6:30 PM on this Thursday in the Scout Room downstairs at St. John the Divine. We plan to have members of the Southside Place Fire Department at the event for the scouts to meet and to learn about leadership and service in our community. We are also kicking off our annual Popcorn Fundraiser, our most important fundraiser of the year. We look forward to seeing you all at the Pack Meeting!
The goal of this meeting is to focus on Community Service. This is a key portion of a badge at each rank. Below we have identified a few specific parts of badges for each group of scouts that can be incorporated into their advancement.
• Lion • King of the jungle #3: explain what it means to be a leader
• Animal Kingdom #1: Learn the role of someone who provides a service to your community
• Tiger • Safe and Smart #9: Have an emergency responder visit you
• Wolf • Council fire #4: Talk to a community service leader. Talk about their service to the country
• Hometown Heroes, #2, 3: Visit a place with herbs and interview a hero
• Bear Paws for action #3A: talk with an officer visiting the pack, find out the skills they use and how they stay safe
• Webelos Building a better world #4: meet with a community leader and learn about their role in the community.
Questions? Reach out to Cubmaster Tony Beebe at email@example.com.
For more information please visit: HTTPS://scoutbook.scouting.org/mobile/dashboard/calendar/event.asp?EventID=4355883