The scribe is the Troop’s secretary and helps to keep records of meetings and attendance.
The Assistant Senior Patrol Leader for Membership
1. Though not a voting member, attends meetings of the patrol leaders’ council and keeps a record of
2. Attend and keep a log of patrol leaders’ council meetings.
3. Cooperates with the patrol leaders to record attendance at troop activities, including Troop
meetings and Court of Honors, and to maintain troop advancement records.
4. Communicate highlights from the PLC to the Troop Committee Chairman to share at the Troop
5. Work with the Troop News Chair to ensure notices for the PLC meetings, and key data is
published in the Troop News
6. Set a good example
7. Proudly and correctly wear the Scout uniform per the BSA standards
8. Demonstrate highest level of Scout Spirit. Be focused and involved during scout activities
9. Limit personal, social activities during scout events
10. Lives by the Scout Oath and Law
11. Works cooperatively with ASPLs
• The Scout must at least be First Class rank
• Completed Troop Leadership Training (or commit to complete during term)
Performance and Advancement Expectations:
• Attend at least 75% of Troop meetings, campouts and Court of Honors during term, unless
excused by Scoutmaster.
• Unless excused in the monthly evaluation
o Attend weekly Troop Meetings in a field or activity uniform
o Attend Courts of Honor
o Attend Troop Campouts
o Attend PLC/Green Bar meetings during tenure
o Attend all Scout Staff preparation meetings and activities prior to a Campout.
• Have read, signed and has copy of Troop Leadership Position Agreement.
• Meet with the SM or his designee to establish your written advancement plan for the leadership
term. The Troop will provide an opportunity to sign up for, and complete merit badges consistent
with your obligations as a Scout Leader.
• Maintain your service record for this Position of Responsibility for use in all Scoutmaster
• Schedule and complete regular leadership conferences after appointment (approximately every 60
days) to review progress, performance, credit and plan for the performance of the leadership