Skip to the content
- Either video or Powerpoint or Google Slides
- Some topics are better as a Powerpoint or Google Slides Presentation than as a pure video. Use your judgement and imagine how you would like to see it presented.
- If doing video, it is preferred that you edit the video yourself into a short movie with a title and requirement number on the title screen.
- Up to 5mins in length
- Broader topics should be split into multiple units
- Wear your Class A Scout Uniform.
- Introduce yourself and state your Position of Responsibility (Instructor or Troop Guide).
- Clearly state the requirement you are going to cover and read that requirement aloud.
- Make sure you have re-read the associated parts of the Scout Handbook to cover key information completely.
- You may add additional information or personal stories to keep in interesting and engaging.
- Use the EDGE Method (Explain and Demonstrate the skill to be taught).
- Get a parent or sibling to help you maneuver the camera and use a tripod if possible.