The Order of the Arrow representative serves as a communication link
between the troop and the local Order of the Arrow lodge. By enhancing the
image of the Order as a service arm to the troop, he promotes the Order,
encourages Scouts to take part in all sorts of camping opportunities, and
helps pave the way for older Scouts to become involved in high-adventure
The First Assistant Senior Patrol Leader for Camping and Troop OA Representative Advisor
1. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative is a youth serving his troop as the primary liaison
to the Colonneh Lodge and the Twin Bayou Chapter, so the Order of the Arrow Troop
Representative should attend troop and chapter or lodge meetings regularly as a youth
representative of the troop and Order. This includes making weekly announcements at troop
meetings about upcoming Lodge events.
2. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative serves for a 12-month period, and should be
appointed as soon as possible after the election of the new Senior Patrol Leader in May.
3. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative serves as a two-way communication link between
the troop and the lodge or chapter. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative provides a
communication and programmatic link from the troop to and from all Arrowmen, Scouts who
are not presently members of the Order, and adult leaders.
4. In consultation with the Scoutmaster, the Order of the Arrow Troop Representative will set the
date of the OA election for the troop and he will communicate that request to the Twin Bayou
5. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative arranges with the lodge or chapter for at least one
camp promotion visit to the unit annually.
6. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative makes at least one high adventure presentation to
the troop, to include the OA programs, annually.
7. As requested by the SPL, participates in Troop Courts of Honor by recognizing high adventure
participation of troop members, induction of new OA members, changes in OA honors of troop
members, leadership of troop members, and other appropriate activities.
8. Coordinates the Ordeal Induction process for newly elected candidates by ensuring they know
the time and location of the Ordeal, providing information of what to bring to the Ordeal,
assisting (as needed) in arranging transportation to the Ordeal, and offering assistance (as
needed) to the lodge in the Ordeal process.
9. Assists current Ordeal members in the troop in sealing their membership by becoming
Brotherhood members by ensuring they know the time and location of Brotherhood
opportunities, assisting (as needed) in arranging transportation to the Brotherhood opportunities,
and offering assistance to the lodge (as needed) in the Brotherhood process. He may also, at the
discretion of the PLC, offer periodic training and discussions of OA principles, symbolism, and
the Legend as needed by and appropriate for the troop members of the Order.
10. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative leads at least one troop service project for the
community or charter partner during the year. These are not intended to be an Eagle scout
project, but should merely be in coordination with a local charity on a service project. If there are
multiple Troop Order of the Arrow Representatives serving at any time, then each must lead his
own service project. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative may also serve, at the
discretion of the PLC, as the troop’s service chairman.
11. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative assists the troop (as appropriate) as a trainer of
leadership and outdoor skills.
12. In all cases, the Order of the Arrow Troop Representative advocates environmental stewardship
and Leave No Trace camping.
13. The Order of the Arrow Troop Representative sets a good example by wearing the Scout uniform
correctly, showing Scout spirit, and living by the Scout Oath, the Scout law and the OA
Under 18 years old
Appointed by Senior Patrol Leader with Scoutmaster approval
Order of the Arrow Member in good standing
Performance and Advancement Expectations:
Sign up for the Order of the Arrow Troop Representative Newsletter distributed by Colonneh
Attend the Colonneh Lodge leadership training (generally held on a Saturday in mid-January)
Attend the Colonneh Lodge Troop OA Representative Summit (generally held in on a Sunday in
Conduct at least one other Troop election for the Twin Bayou Chapter of Colonneh Lodge
(generally held between mid-September and mid-November)
Advance to Brotherhood Status as soon as you are eligible.
Attend at least 75% of weekly Troop Meetings, Troop Campouts, and Courts of Honor during
term, unless excused by Scoutmaster.
Have read, signed and has copy of Troop Leadership Position Agreement.
Maintain your service record for this position of responsibility for use in all Scoutmaster
Meet regularly with the Order of the Arrow Troop Representative Advisor to discuss progress
and performance of the position of resp